Walsh World

Monday, March 02, 2009

So much new stuff...

I haven't posted in awhile due to a lack of many photos, but so much has changed so quickly. Charlotte took her first steps on January 24th, but it wasn't until this past week that walking became her preferred mode of transport. She is so pleased with herself now! She walks everywhere and is so delighted, often times clapping as she goes. I think she was so frustrated about not walking for a time that she became a bit grumpy (that and 5 new teeth came in at once, she is up to 6 teeth!) which would have made me quite grumpy too.

I took Ella in for a hair cut (good!) and decided to cave in to peer pressure that I should cut Charlotte's hair out of her face (I was growing out her bangs!) and afterwards she looked so different to me that I felt so sad. I missed her little barrettes (which were becoming way too much of a choking hazard) and her little no bangs look. But the new look has grown on me and she can see much better so I think all is well. I don't have any good photos yet of the post-hair cut so the ones below are all pre....

Ella is really in love with school and learning so much it amazes me every day. The world is so full of letters and words and it thrills me to see how much she loves it. Her teachers concur that she asks "Why" more often than any preschooler they have had. She loves going to the Y and playing, she loves school, she loves playing with Lillian, she loves to paint, read, collect things...she is a very busy girl. She is also such a wonderful helper for me with Charlotte and making sure everything is in its place, I love it!

Charlotte and Mommy


Daddy and Ella


Charlotte


The girls baking


Steph and I in Las Vegas!!

2 Comments:

Blogger a gracious plenty said...

so great to read about your bright and precious little girls. and good to see your pretty face too. i am glad all is well.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Robert G Oehl said...

Thank you Deirdra for the updates. The girls are beautiful and growing so fast. Pray for me I love you all.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home