Walsh World

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Language

I was inspired by my friend Katie, who writes about her delicious triplets in such sparkling detail, to capture some of the unique words and phrases that Charlotte likes to use. I never write them down and am bound to be forgetting some, but here are a few favorites:

If you ask her a question and she does not know the answer she cocks her little head to the side and says "I can't know."

I am enjoying sparkling water this summer (in an effort to not drink the pop that I would really prefer to drink) and Charlotte loves it as well. But sparkling is not an easy word for her to say. The word that it sounds like she is saying is not appropriate for me to write here, but it sounds a lot like "farkling" water. But the "r" and "l" are not very audible. It makes me laugh everytime.

If she knows that I am frustrated with her or on the verge of anger she stops me, often putting her hands on my face and says "Mommy are you happy?"

Each day as we get in the car to go someplace she asks "Where us going?"

I love that she can communicate every thing she needs to now, and I really love her unique phrases. They will disappear with time, but until then I will happily give her as much "farkling" water as she requests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home