Walsh World

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Day of School!!

No, this is not an incredibly delayed post. Today was actually the first day of school. Ella is going to preschool 3 afternoons a week and today was the very first day. Because her school believes in transitions, it was also my first day back to school. Ella and I went together and she knows that when she is ready Mommy won't go to school with her, she gets to go all by herself. From the looks of today it will not be a long transition!

Another first today...Ella cut her hair. This morning I cut her bangs as I tend to do when they become abnormally shaggy. Ella has also acquired the freedom to sit at the table and do art projects (with me 5 feet away) while I cook dinner, clean the kitchen, etc. if she is awake and Charlotte is sleeping. Of course, Ella wanted to be like me. So she cut her hair. The good news is that the layered look is in right now, so she is quite fashionable. And when it is in pigtails you can't even tell. It took me about 15 minutes to see the humor of cutting her own hair the first day of school, but I got there.

Here are a few photos from the day.

Standing outside school on the first day


At the cornmeal table with YaYa


Playing outside


Rug time splits


The whole class and teachers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way to keep up the tradition Ella! I want to see where it was cut, in the pictures her hair looks adorable. Over reacting mother!

7:57 AM  
Blogger a gracious plenty said...

ella looks beautiful. i am glad she is transitioning to school well. it sounds like you are transitioning alright too.
katie

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home