Walsh World

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Several Milestones

Well, a lot has been going on this house lately, so much that I have not been keeping up with writing about it all.

Ella has her own big girl bed and she loves it. No side rail even. She is great about going to bed and taking naps in it and sometimes will find her blankie (fifi) and paci and head to it when she tells me she needs some quiet time.

Also, she is toilet trained! It wasn't as bad as I feared. Yay Ella! Her reward for potty training was that she got to pick out her very own nail polish (or paint polish as she calls it). She picked pink. We were all so very surprised.

Charlotte started eating solids 2 months ago (plus a few weeks) and after 2 months of baby food she decided she was too big for that, she wanted the real thing. So no more spoon for her (unless I can sneak it in quickly!). At not even 9 months she wants only finger foods. They grow up fast in LA.

Charlotte has her first tooth barely poking through, and she can crawl. She still prefers not to (yay?) most of the time, but if there is something of Ella's she REALLY wants she can get there.

We have been enjoying the perks of LA (NOT the 90 plus heat still!) like going to Disneyland, seeing the Twins play in Anaheim, going to the farmer's market (live music and pony rides make it a fun trip for all) and swimming in our little pool and Lil's big pool. Each night in her prayers Ella's list continues to grow. It includes family, friends in LA, friends in MN, friends she only sees on their blogs, and recent additions are the little pool, the big pool and my big girl bed.

Funny comments:
Do you have to use the bathroom? No, I don't have any pee-pee in my lungs.
This morning she informed me that when I was little and she was my mommy she could have it (whatever I told her she could not have at the time).
In 2 minutes mommy, I have to send an email to my friends and write on the blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger a gracious plenty said...

so cute. i am so glad life is so much fun in the walsh household. your girls are beautiful and clearly smart and talented as well.

lots of love, kh+lem

ps congratulations on the potty training (i'll be asking you about that in a year or so!).

7:48 AM  
Blogger Renee Miller said...

YAY for potty training! Way to go, Ella (AND Mommy and Daddy of course!)!
Love you guys!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home