Walsh World

Monday, February 04, 2008

Ella is really enjoying motherhood. Baby Lucy is her baby and she does whatever mommy does with Charlotte, from nursing her doll to bouncing on her little blue ball while mommy bounces Charlotte (for what feels like hours) on the big ball. Sh reads her stories, sings her songs and has even figured out a rudimentary swaddle. It is quite adorable to say the least. Though strangers may question why a two year old is lifting her shirt and sticking her doll up it. Maybe a hooter hider for Ella?

Language wise - well, she is a talker. She speaks in paragraphs, and is now fully capable of sharing her amazing imagination with us. A lot of it currently involves snakes. Why? Who knows. but if Charlotte is crying, it tends to be because she is worried about snakes. Two cute "Ella-isms" - the word "yes" at times is changed to Yem. It is her most matter of fact yes. Also, me, my or I is "My's". And when she wants milk (with which she is truly obsessed) her request is for "too much milky."

Charlottoe continues to sleep, eat, sleep...we are still waiting for that beautiful baby smile, but until then we are just soaking up every minute. She continues to be a sweet, calm girl, unless she is tired and then she cries until someone has the time to bounce on the big blue ball with a tightly swaddled Charlotte.

G2 with Charlotte


G2 tickles Ella (at her request)


Grandpa and Charlotte


Sleeping Charlotte


is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?


She's awake!



Ella and "My's Charlotte" Eah morning the first thing Ella says is "Where's my's Charlotte?"


Charlotte and Melanie (Lillian's baby sister) - the next set of Ya-Ya's

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee Miller said...

Ah! That pic of Ella rubbing Charlotte's head makes me want to cry. It is just too sweet. And Charlotte sleeping? There are no words.

5:42 PM  
Blogger The Hewitts said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you are blogging more often, I could just kiss you ... if you were here ... which I guess you're probably glad that you aren't, right about now. Okay. I'm going now.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Deirdre - what a fun update! I'm so glad Ella's enjoying her baby sister. Sounds like she's doing a great job in her new Big Sis role. I hope you are all well!

Sarah

10:48 AM  
Blogger Robert G Oehl said...

Dear Deirdre,
The pictures are great. I love being able to keep up with your family this way. Wish I were able to see you all in person. Peace, joy and much love. A big hug for you all.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home