Walsh World

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Life Well Lived...

That is really the best statement I feel I can come up with encompassing my Grandpa's life. A life lived well. He never lost a minute of living. He was interested in everything happening around him. Sports, politics, books and he never missed an opportunity to ask someone about their life, their thoughts and opinions.

G2 and Ella (7 weeks old)


G2 and Ella (3 months old)


When I was younger Grandpa and Grandma were there for every school concert, play and birthday celebration. They also traveled a lot and never failed to send postcards. Grandpa came with us to Mexico one summer. A few years ago Grandma passed away and Grandpa lost his partner. After that enormous loss for him, he did something really wonderful - he let us all be his partner. He would call everyone for different things, but he found a new way to connect with everyone in the family. He called me after every game that the Twins won. Every game. And every once ion awhile a new book would appear in the mail that he had just finished that he thought JD or I would like. He came out to visit in 2005, and again just this winter.

G2 and Ella (21 months)


G2 and Charlotte (5 weeks)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those pictures are just lovely. Thank you for sharing them! Hope all is well with you.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Deirdre, what a nice post. I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandpa. You're on my mind.

XOXO
Sarah

1:44 PM  
Blogger The Hewitts said...

Deirdre,

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. What a nice way to honor him.

Thinking of you,

Liz

11:09 AM  
Blogger Deb Ruehl said...

Deirdre~
This is a wonderful tribute to Grandpa.
Debbie

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home