Walsh World

Sunday, October 14, 2007

90 degrees and Pumpkins

How long do I have to live here before it will seem normal to me to be in a pumpkin patch in October and HOT? When will I not wake up every morning and think I am going to dress my child in pants and a long sleeve shirt, maybe a sweater in the diaper bag? When will I get used to crazy California weather???

We went to the pumpkin patch this morning where Ella got to see animals (4 tiny horses and three sleeping goats) which is all she could talk about the whole way there. She also got to climb the hay bale mountain, ride the carousel and, her favorite part, ride the choo-choo train. JD and I realized how much Ella has grown up when he took her over to the train, buckled her in, then left the ride area and the two of us stood where the other parents were and Ella did not protest. In fact, when it was over all we heard (for some time) was "More choo-choo?" Later today we will paint our pumpkins in preparation for what is sure to be a 90 degree Haloween day.

Playing at home


Cute big girl PJs (that Ella loves, thank you Laura!)


Checking out the animals


Big girl riding the choo-choo



Carousel with Daddy




Climbing the hay bales


Ella just wanted to jump the whole way down. Luckily Daddy was there to help her!


We did it!


Surveying potential pumpkin picks




Same pumpkin patch...one year ago!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa - it is sort of mind boggling to see Ella's photo this year compared to last year! I'm so glad she had fun at the pumpkin patch. I think about you all the time and hope you're doing great.

Love,
Sarah

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home